Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Greetings

The mere word blog has always bothered me. While its true that most words ending in og refer to great things, i.e. nog, frog, & bog, I can't help but think the word blog belongs to a world that was created much too quickly for anyone to stop and say, wait a minute is this term cool; do I really want to call myself a blogger.  Do men really want to tweet and "friend" each other?  Anyhow despite my misgivings I think the value of the blog itself outweighs its name so here we go.

Presently, this blog is to keep folks up to date on my progress fighting AML.  I'm starting it a bit midstream in my treatment, so over the course of the next few posts I'll bring those of you who don't know the whole story up to speed.

Later.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Doug, it's Maggie from RISD---I was a year behind your class. Laura's let me know how you're doing and forwarded me your blog link, so I send you and your family my best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog Doug....I've never been a blog reader, but I can see I'm already hooked. You're a great writer and this is such a good way to keep track of how you are doing. Hugs to Missy and the boys.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flog us with your blog, Doug! I could log hours, cogs turning, doggedly reducing my brain to a fog reading your blog. Agog, a hog who would rather read any day than jog, rockin sweet clogs, I ogle your blog. Your blog kicks Gog and Magog's soggy wikipedia entry, blog-like but frog-less ass, and pogs...
    Thinking of you, my friend. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I HAVE NO IDEA WHY MY NAME COMES UP AS SOD HOUSES!!!
    My name is Jessica Gath. I have been to a sod house once. And read about them in "On the Banks of Plum Creek" plenty... but I never recall having taken it as a moniker. Weird. I guess it's not the worst anonymous nickname of all time. Suffice to say, should a mysterious "sod houses" post you a comment from time to time, most likely it's me.

    ReplyDelete